Monday, 13 June 2011

New Arrivals


From top left to bottom right; Commcen Turret & Turret Base, Sabre Heavy Tank (Tracked), Tac Missile Turret & Turret Base, Claymore Heavy APC (Support Turreted), Lancer Heavy APC (Tank Turreted & Tracked).
I have just received my order from Old Crow Models and to say that I am pleased with them is something of an understatement. The first thing that struck me was the sheer size of the beasts, and even though I knew exactly what I was getting and had a rough idea of how big they were going to be it still took me by surprise. Don't get me wrong these are not to my mind out of scale models, but rather they are imposing heavy vehicles that will match my opponents excellent Khurasan Miniatures in scale and sculpting.

Each model is very well cast with crisp detail and very little to no flash at all on each individual model, so that assembly and painting should be relatively straight forward. I was going to say easy to assemble and paint but I am not very good at painting (and never will be due to colour blindness) so these models will unfortunately not get the finish that they so richly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment